1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow sags off front of truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 122fox, Jan 18, 2009.

1. 122fox

122fox Member

when i raise my plow off the ground the light frame, sags away from the front of my truck far enough to make my lights point down just in front of truck, but when i drop plow and put into float and get out and raise plow with switch on plow it stands back up til i raise plow off ground. any ideas what is worn out or broken, o and the plow is a 7'6" super duty straight blade rt3. thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

loose

better check all your hardware on the mount ,sometimes they loosen up .supposed to check them about every 6-8 hours of plowing .also check the pivot pin's at the bottom of the light tower ,were the a-frame attach's :salute:

3. 122fox

122fox Member

the mount is firm im not sure about pins are they easy to change??

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

they are not hard ,they rarely go bad ,mainly loose the cotter pin then the big pin falls out ,have some bodty raise and lower the plow while you watch .

5. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

You can also build up pins with weld.If you are talking about the pins on the frame attached to truck?

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure your pin went through both holes on the mount.

7. 122fox

122fox Member

i found the problem it was the bolts on the backside of mount, just finished replacing all mount bolts, and that seems to fix it.