1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow(s) controller problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rob1325, Dec 17, 2008.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Here goes, have two trucks acting up today.
    First truck, using my plow today, X-blade on my 2000 F550 and it started acting up. The plow first started to drop down randomly when driving. Then the plow would not go up, down, left, or right, then it would work again. Now the plow is completely not moving at all. I have a joystick for the plow controls and also noticed the red light stays on even when truck is off, which it never did before. I checked all connections, solenoid, and even swapped joystick controller from another truck to see if that is the problem, with no luck. This one has me stumped. Forgot to mention that the isolation module was also kind warm. Thinking about replacing module or solenoid. Any recommendations.

Truck two, 2006 F550 with Xtreme V, my guy tells me plow will not move. So I check it out and controller is not lite up even though it is on. Check the usuals like above still nothing. Bang the controller and it works again. My guy said he had to tap on controller a couple more times when plow did not work to make it work. My question new controller? It is a joystick type. Did Fisher have problems with these also, like the handhelds did early on?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks
    Rob

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

My X-blade is working for now. Cleaned connectors on isolation modual. V blade still has me stumped. Any Suggestions?
    Thanks
    rob

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Lets see,

Bang controller and it works, think i would start with the controller!

4. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Brought it to my dealer and he said there was a loose wire in there (supposedly), we will see. Controller is pricey, if fails will replace. Thanks for your help.

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Why not open it up and see and solder it. Not hard to do.

6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

He said he fixed it, maybe I will check it out myself and see if soldering is needed.

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You dont have to pay the $$ for a whole controller, just the board itself is replaceable.