1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow running snow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Jan 5, 2012.

1. i have a 8'2 vee and everything works fine on it until i put it in vee and when go to stack once in pile i cant lift like it use to. seems like it just doesnt have the power to lift when there is a load. lifts, angles and goes into vee just fine

2. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

If you back away from the pile will the plow spring up? I know some of the Boss V's will do that when you lift into a pile.

3. at times it may when i back out of pile but most time doesnt

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poor connection in the power cables, weak motor relay, weak motor, or weak battery. Amp draw test, battery load test, voltage drop test and possibly a pump pressure test will reveal the culprit.

5. thanks ill check those i just had a new motor put in last year but did notice my battery was pretty weak when starting truck last few cold nights so yeah its probably the battery