1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow rides up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by larboc, Jan 24, 2011.

1. larboc

larboc Member

I plow commercially/home use and as winter is getting farther along and the pack is getting thicker, my blade is riding up. It's a 6.5ft meyer on a western frame and pump on a scout II.

As I'm pushing heavier pack and ice in piles, the blade will start coming up and then before I know it I'm driving on snow and sometimes I'll spin tires and get stuck. It's forcing me to take a bunch more shots at moving bigger piles and it's costing me time and money as well as it's really getting annoying.

Any advice? Right now the frame mounts are as low as they will go, and I'm planning on moving them to the middle to see what happens, or should I go all the way to the top? This blade doesn't have pads so I have to pay attention in the early winter to keep from digging into gravel and grass as it is and I don't want it to get worse. Would I be better off rigging up weights that I can add to the blade or moving the bracket?

Keep in mind all work is done outside.

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

When you plow ice and heavy snow, the blade will ride up. Yes you will need to take smaller bites. Don't drive over the unplowed snow-and you shouldn't get stuck as often. Doesn't sound like anything is wrong with the setup.

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

new cutting edge could help.