1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLow rests and storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gusco, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Ive seen dollys for plows for when not in use. such as to make moving them when needed easily and hooking the up more efficantly. The one i saw were wuite spendy. Why could we just mount temporay wheels. Like where the shoes would go and mayve one on the kickstand. It would be cheaper andjust as effective.
  2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Shoe Wheels

Just use old shoes and weld a caster on the bottom of them. Then you just pin them in when needed. I believe that you can just lift the back of the plow and wheel this way as most of the weight with the blade.

3. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

wheels on plows

I built an angle iron frame with wheels on it. I built is so when you lower plow on it from truck it lines up all the attaching holes. Easy to install plow and to roll it around. Makes it easy to move plows and when plows are not on it the grandkids love to play with it! I have found the larger the wheels the easier it rolls and put little clips to keep the plow from falling off as you probably will be pushing or pulling on plow to move it around.

4. ght1098

ght1098 Member

I bought a set of snowmobile dollys at a show, $24.00, they work great, all I have to do is roll the plow up to the frame and pin it in.
  5. wddodge

wddodge Member

Ditto on the snowmobile dollys. I cut the center out of the flat one, made a lower mounting plate and mounted a small 1 ton bottle jack on it. Then tacked an old socket on the back of the a-frame so it won't slide off the top of the jack. Makes for adjusting the height for aligning the pins a snap. I wish I'd have done this years ago...