1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow restoration

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chevytruck85, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Before pic need to replace 1 trip spring and the piece of steel that the blade trips against.

plow1.jpg

2. Chevytruck85

another pic of the new steel. had to roll the blade back out about an inch or two.

plow2.jpg

3. Chevytruck85

pic 3 finished product.

100_0449.jpg

4. Chevytruck85

On the truck ready to plow.

truck and plow.jpg

5. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

Excellento!!..just like new all shiny"n"all!..A+

6. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Very nice job... And what part of CT are you plowing in? I'm Down in Wallingford

7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Git R Done!! Nice job. :cool:

8. Chevytruck85

Goshen CT (its up next to litchfield)

9. Stark_Enterprises

NICEEEEEEE. Your Up in "Snow Country" I'm thinkin about moving up to Litchfield County, because of the Connecticut Rule of the Thumb which is "whatever amount of Inches Litchfield County Gets- Minus 10" and thats what the Rest of CT Got for Snow" :p :nod: :blush2:

10. Chevytruck85

Ya we tend to get more snow than u guys. if you look at my truck in the 4th pic that is how much was on it last sunday morning at 7 am and it snowed till about 11 am here. ended up with about 5 or 6 inchespayup wut did u get in wallingford.

11. Stark_Enterprises

pfff 2-3 inches on top of a inch ice.... terrible..:realmad:

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Chevytruck85- Im assuming those are led strobes in your grill. If so what brand are they and where did you get them?
    PS-plow looks great!

13. Chevytruck85

They are actualy blue LEDs for the fire dept. They are sho-me here is a link of were you can buy them. But I got mine at fire dept. headquaters in torrington CT.
    http://www.lshlights.net/Sho-me_Store.HTM

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey, nice job, I love before an after shots, it's much easier to appreciate all the hard work you did knowing what the think looked like in the first place.

I see you had a link for the strobes, can you give me the link for the snow that's on the truck, I wanna order some of that, LOL.

15. shoman44

shoman44 Junior Member

chevytruck85 ?

Got a ? for ya chevytruck what pump do you have on your plow is it a belt mounted pump to the motor, and if it is could i maybe get some pics looking down on it. Thanks

Rob

16. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

Hey ChevyTruck... nice job on the plow.. Hows Goshen these days? Im originally from Warren/New Preston on Lake Waramaug. You probably know a bunch of my friends Dustin Mosley, Tanner etc...

17. Chevytruck85

18. Chevytruck85

ya i go to school Dustin's younger brother, and i know josh tanner he graduated last year.