1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow rehab

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Feb 26, 2014.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Friend called me mid afternoon yesterday wanting to use my garage to get his truck out of the elements while he changed a hose on his plow. After we pulled it in i noticed a little bit of play in the a frame pivot pin. After spme
    Further investigation the nut for the pivot bolt had completely dissapeared! The hole on the a frame had become about twice the size of the original hole for the pin. So after a couple hours of welding it was as good as new. First picture is the worn out hole. In the second i made
    Two large washers out of some 1/4in steel to weld onto the a frame to correct the hole size. 3rd heating the steel with a trorxh as my little welder would not be able to penetrate the thicker steel on the plow. 4th welding the washers in place

2. thesnowman269

1st is one side all welded together. The second is my dog wondering what heck im doing as i applied some grease to the plow before putting it all back together

3. fivepoints

fivepoints Junior Member

Is the plow even all that old? doesn't look like it
  4. thesnowman269

No. He just does not take care of it like he should. It's only 3 years old
  5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work on the plow. Looks like a very good weld!

Tell your buddy that some grease can do a lot for the life of equipment. :mechanic:
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same.
  7. thesnowman269

Agreed if he would have greased the plow it would not have happened