1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TJH13, Dec 16, 2007.

1. TJH13

TJH13 Junior Member

I appreciate any feedback. The model I am looking at is the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1/2 ton version.

Any recommendations on a plow and what should I expect to pay?

Are fiberglass plows a better option (weight)?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What I would go with is a 7'6'' boss poly straight blade for your truck. (avalanche). It wouldn't hurt the front end any. As the frames are pretty much the same as a 1500 silverado. As far as cost, your looking to spend around 3500 bucks for the plow. Install is about another 400. So right around 4K. You can find cheaper plows out there, but I would go with a boss set up. You will like it. And as far as a fiberglass plow. I think your thinking or a lexan plow, like a snoway. I have never heard of a fiberglass plow. Hope this helps

3. TJH13

TJH13 Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will probobaly go with a steel plow versus plastic.