1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Recommendations - New Ford 350 V10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trilogy38, Mar 30, 2005.

1. trilogy38

trilogy38 Junior Member
    from 11901

I just took delivery on a new Ford 350 dually V10 with a Western Ice Breaker fullbed sander.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the best Western plow setup:

1. V plow or regular blade?
    2. 8 foot or 9 foot?
    3. Poly or Steel?
    4. Pro-plow or Pro-plow Plus?

I'm going to be plowing a llarge hospital parking lot and hospital roadways on
    Eastern Long Island.

Thanks.

2. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I have the 8.5 foot pro plus on my 04 F350. it works great and the truck hardly moves when I pick it up. I don't think i would go any wider it is kinda tight on the back roads with this one.

I have pic on the forum some where i think if you do a search for my user name it will bring up all my posts.

Ok I posted one here with a closeup shot of the plow on the truck.

Good luck. With what ever you choose.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

It needs at least an 8'6 because of the dually. You will be running through the already plowed snow with an 8 or less.

Jason

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

9' pro plus with the factory wings will really be an awsome plow for wide open stuff. I heck of a lot faster then an 8'6" or 8' .
    Todd