1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Recommendation For 1996 Full Size Bronco

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by lthawk724, Nov 10, 2005.

1. lthawk724

lthawk724 Junior Member

I have a full size 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco with a 351 engine, quad shocks and 4wd. None of the big plow makers recommend an application for this vehicle. I live in upstate New York and will be plowing for myself only, about 300 ft of stone driveway. Anyone have a recommendation for a plow that will be both durable and practical for my use. Thanks

2. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Throw any 7.5 footer on it. Maybe an 8, but at least a 7.5. I plow with a 4 door Tahoe with no problems, so your solid front axle Ford will be great! Good for tight places too! :cool:

3. lthawk724

lthawk724 Junior Member

Thanks PlowVA. Is it possible to get a dealer to install a name brand plow, Western, Meyers etc. if they don't have a specific application listed for it or are there liability issues with that? Every dealer I have gone to in the Albany, NY area has left it at "We have no listed application for that vehicle"

4. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Is there anything special about the 96 model year? I have seen tons of pics of full-size Broncos with plows on them. Do a forum search for Bronco and you'll see.

5. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Does it have the solid front axle?

6. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

The Bronco has the IFS front end not a solid axel. Use the 1996 F150 set up from what ever plow maker you want that is what will fit your Bronco. The frames are the same. I would not go any bigger then a 7.5

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  7. danno

danno Senior Member

Ditto.....

8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i would go with 7.5 ive plowed with meyers for a few years they put out a nice set up...but i wouldnt go with the 8 footer id go with a 7.5

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

go with a stl 7.5 meyers

10. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

anything 7'6" i would say...buddy has a 7'6" meyers with touch pad its awesome...i like the westerns tho myself