1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Recomendation

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by roberto65, Sep 24, 2006.

1. roberto65

roberto65 Junior Member

I have a 05 XL F350 Diesel. I looking for a recommendation on a plow. I have very knowledge on types\brands. I live in Steamboat, Colorado so we have a fair amount of snow. I plan on plowing 2 larger driveways with parking areas(4-6) cars each. I can foresee some back blading will be required. Also any tips on tires\lighting accessories would be appreciated.
  2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Western Pro Plus

I would go with either an 8' or 9' Western Pro Plus. Don't go with anything smaller than an 8'. I'm looking at going with a 9'0" or a 9'6" MVP. The larger plows really move the snow and aren't that much different when doing driveways. It's all in getting used to what your working with.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Chose a unit you like that you can get local support for. Your truck could handle up to a ten foot in SnoWay but I would stay around 8'6" for maneuverability and transmission durability.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' western pro plus with a back drag edge in it. :nod:
  5. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Any of the westerns would be good but I would go with a boss 8'2'' or 9'2'' vee. I have an 8'2'' and love it.(I just love the boss plows) I am in the same boat you are too. a couple of big drives and small parking lots.
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

8'6" Fisher X Blade. Real nice for backblading becuase of the aggressive attack angle
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I second that. As far as lighting, if you want a good bang for your buck halogen mini lightbar, go for the Whelen Guardian. It is the best mini lightbar out there for the money and it is really bright. I love mine.
  8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm a Whelen guy just because I have good dealer support, but those are some nice light from Code 3.
  10. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

My .5 Cents

:waving: Roberto,
    My .5 cents on this seeing as you asked. I run Cooper Tires 265-75R-16's 10 ply and I do very well with them. I'm also a Whelen man. I've been around Whelen about 23 yrs. No, I don't sell them I'm a Fireman :yow!: A source I can suggest to look at them and mabe make a purchase is www.galls.com. Now the last time I suggested something like this I was reminded to support our sponsors! I do not see a lighting company at the top for the page. Does anyone know if Plowsite is sponsored by Whelen? Sean?

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:
  11. swamprebel

swamprebel Junior Member
    from CT

get a fisher plow there the best plows out there.they are a little more money but for a good reason.I dont like western plows they will flop over on you where is fishers have a trip edge at the bottom the just goes backwards.take my word i have had most every plow out there and fishers are the ones to get.good luck:drinkup: