1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Recomendation for a 3/4-1 ton.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

I have an 07.5 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 gasser with a steel Bri mar dump insert and going to get a sander attatchment for the dump. I would like suggestions on ideal plow setup for my truck. The new style 3/4 tons are nearly the same as the 1 tons and Im going to do timbrens and am willing to do other worthy upgrades. Maybe uprated rims and tires. So I dont think plow size is any more of a concern with these specific 3/4 tons than it is with a single rear wheel 1 ton. My only preference at this point is poly blade. What would you do for a plow with this setup? thanks
  2. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

like my boss.
  3. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have older 3/4 ton fords and regret every snow fall that I did not step up to 8 foot. Depends on what your plowing, driveways, small comm. or large comm. It seems a lot of guys like the boss v and western wide out and blizzard 860. You need to have a dealer that works with you and has good hours for if you breakdown.
  4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Go with a SS blade.
  5. Four Seasons

why SS?........
  6. Stainless Steel doesn't rust....
  7. gene gls

Also, snow won't stick so much. My polly has some deep scraches and the wet stuff sticks bad. Waxing doesn't last very long.
  8. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

I'd look into a boss v of fisher v plow. I run a boss v and love it and my buddy runs a fisher without any problems. I agree with Gene go with the stainless steel. I haven't run a poly but I know some guys that have and they just don't clear lots as well. Plus they usually are heavier than steel.
  9. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have one of those trucks. We run Blizzard 810's on everything. Best money you can spend on a plow right there IMO
  10. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

9' 2" Boss Poly - V
  11. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

go bigger than 8' i have an eight and every snow wish i had an 8.5' go ss
  12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I have an 8' Fisher MMII on my truck- GMC 2500HD- works great! I only do resi's, I guess if you were going to do lots you might want to get an 8.5', but for drives the 8' is ideal.ussmileyflag
  13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

gotta go min of 8'6 on a 2500 truck because when you angle you lose alot of width.
  14. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Poly VEEEE
  15. Four Seasons

i thought that after time even the SS will rust or show more wear than the poly somehow. I want it to look good as long as possible.
  16. gene gls

My Meyer polly 8' is 8 years old, still looks good, keep it in storage durning the summer months. Its on my truck all winter, out side. The paint on the metal frame is orignal and not chipping.
  17. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

STAINLESS is just that, It stains "LESS".

It will rust eventually, just less when compared to painted steel.
  18. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

I love my 8.5 MVP my next plow will be a wide out go big or go home!!! We have a couple trucks with 7.5's and i was forced to plow with it when my trans. went out i hated it every second i was behind it:realmad: no smaller then 8.5
  19. Four Seasons

so most reccommend 8 1/2 for a 3/4 ton truck?
  20. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

We have 4 Blizzards, including an 8-10 and an 86-11.
    They are not very robust, not very reliable.
    We also have a Fisher XLS. (a Fisher mount with Blizzard style wings).
    The Fisher is far and away better than the blizzards.

As far as V-blades: our Fisher was temporarily down, so the dealer leant us a new Fisher v-blade. 3 of my drivers who tried it say hands down the XLS with wings is far better.