1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow rebuilds and trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bah1491, Jan 3, 2010.

1. bah1491

bah1491 Member

Before and after......i think they turned out pretty good.

Photo0221.jpg

Photo0222.jpg

Photo0232.jpg

Photo0234.jpg

Photo0240.jpg

2. bah1491

bah1491 Member

plows done, and mounted

Photo0248.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Photo0250.jpg

Photo0268.jpg

Photo0269.jpg

3. bah1491

bah1491 Member

before of the poly plow

before.jpg

4. bah1491

bah1491 Member

had to weld in all new pivot points, and just put new cylinders on it as well, not pictured though....i decided not to run the plow lights on the grey f-250...

5. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Did you break the mounts on the poly plow?

No lights either... Make it hard to drive at night or do you just have the plow really low? Looks good. I need to make my pin mounts like yours as mine are starting to rust out. Where did you get the sleeves from or did you make them? Looks good!

6. bah1491

bah1491 Member

the ford lights are high enough to see over so it actually works out well....the pin mounts were rusted and worn out.....i machined the sleeves and also the boxes where the pins mount....

7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Nice job man. I feel that when you make your equipment look nice you feel good about going to work every day and it keeps you motivated also.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Agreed very nice job. Nice f150 don't see to many with flat beds like that

10. bah1491

bah1491 Member

thats actually one of the light duty f-250s.....she needs some spring work now with the flat bed though

11. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Question for ya about the pro wings. I just put a set on my western pro plow and i'm debating on weather or not i should put markers on the outside edge of the wings. do you find that you hit stuff more often?

12. bah1491

bah1491 Member

i think overtime you just get used to the wings being out wider. It wouldnt be a bad idea to put markers out their though. I have never taken my wings off, so you could just move your oem markers out.

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Oh, well just through some timbrens on!

14. bah1491

bah1491 Member

thats what i was thinking.....do they make timbrens for my grey truck? for the front....its an 02"

15. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Are the rubbers on the wings supposed to be flush with the end of the cutter bar like that? I just put a set on mind and put the bottom edge overlapping a little bit. Which way is right?

16. bah1491

bah1491 Member

on my smaller truck they overlap, but i have not noticed where any snow is going through the small gap.....and it was much easier to mount without making an overlap.

17. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Thanks. I might look into that on my plow. I run a C 8.5 w/ wings and the rubbers overlapping make them a pain to put on and off. I like the weld job on the mounting brackets too. I might look into doing that also. I just stripped and repainted mine this summer so I might wait to move them.

18. tjslawnservice

tjslawnservice Junior Member

in the instruction manual they say to overlap the rubber. I have over lapped both our sets. But you could just butt them up against cutting edge. Really up to the installer

19. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice work, you could sell those new pockets you made for the poly :nod: very common problem:cry:

20. bah1491

bah1491 Member

the boxes, and the pins and what not are such a time consumer to make. I bet with fabrication time, on just the pivot point i have about 10 hours. But it was the first one. I saved the template i made so i can make them easier next time. it took about an hour to actually cut out the old boxes and get it ground out enough to weld in the new boxes