1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow raises when i plug in.

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Jake47, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Jake47

Jake47 Junior Member

As soon as I hook up the power and ground to the plow, it raises without the controller even being on. The plow has been sitting since March, but I wouldnt think this would be the cause? Any ideas?
  2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Is the selonoid stuck??....Dont know if that is even possible
  3. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

Stuck valve or overheated coil?
  4. Jake47

Jake47 Junior Member

Solenoid must have been bad. Replaced it and now it works just fine.... Weird.
  5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Glad it was something simple...
  6. noclueracer

noclueracer Junior Member

what solenoid did you have to replace? I have the exact same issue.
  7. Jake47

Jake47 Junior Member

The one that is between the battery and the plow. In fact, its the only solenoid in my wiring
  8. timtpa

timtpa Member

I had a similar issue and had to replace the solenoid under the hood of my truck! They had it mounted upside down! It was mounted next to the battery on the passenger side. They ended up replacing it because it had gone bad by being upside down! The new Hiniker dealer actually moved it a couple of feet and remounted it the correct way!