1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow raises when angling

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kevs75, Dec 4, 2005.

1. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

I have a a western plow with cables. The plow angles fine untill you raise it up to a certain height and then it will raise when you angle. My buddy was messing with the screws on the top and bottom where the angle cable goes through and I think thats what is out of adjustment. Any ideas on how to adjust this right would be appreciated. Thanks Kevin
  2. thumpper

thumpper Junior Member

Had the same problem and was a pain, but its all in the adjustments. open the adjustment lock nuts and turn in the adjuster so you have play in the cables then try up and down first when that is working lock the nuts now go to the angle cable and adjust until it is smooth. Also unscrew the caps on the housing where the cables go into and make sure your cable end is sitting all the way on the pin with plenty of grease packed in there. You might also want to try the joy stick check to see if the connectors are not bent and causing the up and down to touch when you are in the r/l angle positions. Hope this helps.
  3. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

This pump has got me frustrated, I'll give that a try and hopefully I can get this pump in working order. Thank's Kevin