1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow raised-lights dim bad?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I was just reading about another person having this problem. I dont think any of us knew how bad it could possibly be though.

I have TWO 7'6" SD straight boss plows and an 8 footer, the 8 footer i just got makes the same f150 dim a TON compared to the other two plows. I mean so bad that i hear the heater vents almost go silent compared to full blast when the plow is raised or moved left/right.

The alternator gauge goes way low for the second until you release the controller

I feel like ive been had with this new plow, has to be one of the best "looking" used boss plows ive seen but far from it. Already came with a broken pin in the harness and the headlight beam top bar is backwards, but the amber blinker markers are in facing forward, i have to show you guys a picture, i looked at it like WTF? i had to go look at our other plows to make sure i wasnt loosing my mind lol

2. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

If your plow is drawing that much power it could be your plow motor is on it's way out or the motor may need to be tightened to the pump better.That just happened to me today.Good luck.