1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow raise speed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by aquku, Jan 20, 2013.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

I have a Fisher Minute Mount on an 05 Ford F-250. My employee continues to beg for me to increase the speed of the plow lift. It does seem a bit slower than the others in our fleet. Any ideas how to adjust the speed of lift on this plow? Side to side seems fine.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The pump, and or motor is probably getting weak. When was the last fluid change? Do you have the ability to pressure test it? You say minute mount...is it in fact a minute mount 1, or 2?
  3. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

changed at the end of last year...i beleive it is a MM2
  4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Do you do full flushes on your equipment, or just drain and refill? Has he said if it's something new, or if it's been on going...same operator each year? Do you have a 3000 psi pressure gauge?
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

did you use ATF or Premium plow fluid, pull the motor and clean the filter?
  6. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

We use Fisher premium hydro fluid, we have had this set up 3 years and it has always been a bit slow. Last year, about mid season, the filter clogged up/froze and I took everything apart and flsuhed whole system....no real improvement. I am wondering if I can adjust with the quil valve? I have a new in the box motor, may swap that in and see if there is improvement. I do not have a 3000 pressure guage
  7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If I remember correctly the quill only affects drop speed.
  8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

My 10mc was struggling to raise a couple years ago.Thought it was motor/pump.Went to dealer,came out with screwdriver,adjusted quill in 30 sec. and I was on my way! Might not be your problem but does happen.Not sure how it can move,but I guess it can.
  9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

clean replace the filter
  10. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Clean the filter, and use ATF. The Fisher stuff is too thin for an older half worn out pump. This is just my opinion, of course. But Mide was deathly slow, EVEN AFTER draining the old ATF and replacing it with Fisher oil...then I pulled the motor, cleaned the filter (NASTY!) and filled it with ATF again.
    Works as fast as any new one now.
  11. RepoMan207

from Maine

With all due respect, that doesn't even make sense...you don't want ATF in an insta-act pump. ATF will suck up moisture, gumming the valves, and wrecking other havoc. It's good for belt driven pumps, but that's it.