1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow quit moving??

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jamisono, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jamisono

jamisono Junior Member

Hi all,

First off let me say this is a great site!!! Even though I don't post much I read through it everyday.

I have a 29 series that quit working on me today. I was clearing a lot and I noticed it was getting slow. Then 10 min after that it quit working altogether. I had my spare parts with me so I tried a new motor solenoid and a new breaker but still nothing, When I tried and do anything all I get is clicking from the motor solenoid. Could it be a bad motor?:help:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be the power supply. Check and make sure all your power connectiions are clean, tight, and attached directly to the battery. Try jumping the motor directly and see if it spins.
  3. jamisono

jamisono Junior Member

When I got her home I jumped the motor and she spun up and the plow would move. It turned out that the second battery that the plow was connected to had a cracked terminal post and was not making a solid connection.I got it replaced under warranty and I'm ready for the next round!!

Thanks for the quick reply!!