1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by trackeer, Jun 1, 2005.

1. trackeer

trackeer Junior Member

Hey All,

I think I sold my 02 F250 and will now need to purchase a new plow!!! :redbounce

I have owned Fisher MM's, and the 02 Ford has a Diamond 8' on it. I am not overly impressed with either blade, each has its own good and bad points.
    I am leaning towards a Blizzard staight blade, the 810 sounds nice but I'm not sure it fits the residential plowing I do. I am poking around the net and gathering some info, Western also sounds like a decent plow.

Any advise would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

2005 F250 Lariat 6.0 Diesel No Plow Yet
    2002 F250 XLT V10 with Diamond
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Like everyone here says: Buy one with support and parts close to home.
    My Dad and I have always had Meyer plows, parts are easy to find and we have never really " broke" our plows.
    Even Advance auto parts has common parts and hoses for them. Plus we are close to Cleveland so most unusual parts are just a week away when we order them.