1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yankeeborn, Mar 5, 2003.

1. yankeeborn

yankeeborn Junior Member

Forum: Another question from the new guy. I have an F350 dually - power stroke - 4 door - If you guys were gonna throw a plow on this - what kind would you recommend? Any other guys on the forum use a dually like mine for plowing? If so - I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the benefits as well as negatives.... Thanks, Dave:drinkup:

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

The challenge is not the plow but the truck. That thing is like driving a locomotive on the road. If you are going to plow long stretches of road with it, then one of the high-eng premium plows like the Blizzard or Boss V plow would be best. if you are thinking of driveways or small commercial, then skip the plow and buy another whole plow truck. cost should be about the same ($4000 or so)
    Be Careful out there...:waving:

3. myo

myo Senior Member

I would recommend a 9' Fisher MM2... Nice setup and heavy duty plow for roads and lots

4. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

without a doubt a 9'. snoway, western, boss, curtis.
    the biggest thing is to buy a plow that has a great dealer in your neighborhood.
    dan

5. jspivxl102

jspivxl102 Member

If the truck is still under waranty, BEWARE!!! A crew cab with a Powerstroke puts one heckofalot of weight on your front axel. Adding a snow plow often exceeds the front axel weight limit. I'm not the overweight police (your concern, not mine), but it is definately not worth voiding your waranty. I heard somewhere that it is only illegal with the 8 foot bed? I dunno.
    Something to look in to.
    JP

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Having a 4 door means no plow prep package which means ford can void warranty work. I have seen alot of these trucks with plows on them and I haven't heard of anybody damaging their trucks but I would make sure that if it is under warranty the dealer doesn't have a problem with you putting a plow on your truck.