1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow question for the sno-way experts

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by stangman35, Dec 7, 2008.

1. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Can you put a 29 series 7.5 plow on a 2008 ram 1500.

It was on a 2007 ram 2500.Can you take the center member from the 2500 mount and bolt it to a set of frame mounts for a 26 series to make it fit or is this not possible.

Or is there a way to put an mt series plow on my 08

Thanks for any info

Mike

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you need a MT/26 conversion kit. We keep them in stock.

3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The 29 Series is not recommended for the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. Based on the guidelines that we have to adhere to, the 29 Series Plow is too heavy.

Yes, you can adapt your MT Series Plow to the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. As Basher mentioned, it will require a conversion kit to convert the older style 3-pin mounting system on your MT series to our current production 2-pin style mounting system. Does your plow have lights? You will also need a new plow light harness and adapters and possibly a light kit conversion as well.

Please post back any questions that you may have. We are here to help in anyway that we can.

4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

The conversion kit is around $1,200 bucks isnt it,or pretty close to it.
    I priced one for a v-plow a couple years ago.

I was looking at a couple of different mt plows one with lights one with out.Price wise by the time I convert everything id prolly be better off buying new,what do you guys think?

Thanks Mike

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You will be ALOT better off trading for a new one. Time and money wise both. JMO

6. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I dont have any plow at the moment,so I dont have to worry about a trade in.
    Just seeing what id be getting into before jumpin on one.