1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow question for ranger

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 99 Sport, Mar 31, 2011.

1. 99 Sport

99 Sport Junior Member
    from ct.

I have a 99 ford ranger 4x4, and want to install a plow on it. I have access to a fisher homesteader plow,but need the frame that attaches to the truck. what do I nned to buy to make this work? I will also need the wiring harness. Thx for any input....Jim..

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should put an older 6'9" Fisher LD MM1 on it if you can find one. If you can't you chould go with a 7' Boss Sport Duty. Them Homesteaders are realy light duty.

3. 99 Sport

99 Sport Junior Member
    from ct.

Thx for the response....I only have my own driveway to do,plus 2 daughters driveways....as I am retired and cant do heavy lifting anymore, the homesteader might be ok for me....I fought with my last fisher 8' plow on my silverado every time I hooked it up.I am looking for the easiest and cheapest way out now....the price for the homesteader is very reasonable (free)....I just need to find out what else I need to purchase...I will be looking at the plow tomorrow....Jim....

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If it's free then it's definatly worth it. You will need the truck side wiring and push plates. You could probly find them used or you could go to a Fisher dealer and buy them new.

5. 99 Sport

99 Sport Junior Member
    from ct.

ok thanks....I'll post back after I see the plow......Jim...

6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Go to the fisher site and do the plow match for your truck. It'll give you a complete list for the homesteader plus all wiring harness and push plates.

7. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Hi

I put a Homesteader on my 06 Explorer, and I used mount from Jeeb Liberty that it came off, but I had to cut and fabricate some angles and brackets to make it work. If you can get the original plates for your make/year, that's better.
    Hoemsteader is realy light duty, it does the job but plan it ahead, do not wait till 2 ft of snow. I switched from 25D snoway on my old HD Ram, and like you, I was "fighting" with the plow to put it on my Dodge. Now I can drag it with my hands to the truck.

8. 99 Sport

99 Sport Junior Member
    from ct.

Thanks for the replies guys....I did get the info from the fisher website and am pricing out what I think I'll need .....It looks like it will bolt on to my frame.....Jim...