1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow purchase help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SilveradoStrong, Mar 19, 2014.

1. SilveradoStrong

SilveradoStrong Junior Member

Hey guys, I had a quick question that I hope some one could answer. Does anybody know if a 2000 Silverado and a 2000 Cheyenne share the same plow mount? The reason why I want to know this is because I might be buying an entire plow from my dad's friend and he has it hooked up to his Cheyenne that is a different body style entirely but if the frames are similar, it should work.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What plow? And what model? 1500 2500/3500 2wd or 4wd? And you can try that manufactures website and use there plow match software if they have any.

3. SilveradoStrong

Yeah sorry, I should've been more specific lol. Both trucks are 4wd but the Cheyenne is a 2500 and the Silverado is a 1500. and i have no clue what the plow brand is, I think its kinda pieced together from different brands. I was just looking for something to clear my driveway next winter

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Will not fit 1500 and 2500 frames are different.
    You'll prob find a few used setups come summer that will fit just fine.

5. SilveradoStrong

Okay thanks for the input. After doing some research on my own after starting this thread, I found out that the plow he has is probably too heavy for my trucks front suspension anyways so it probably wouldn't work.
    Thanks again