1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow pump won't shut off

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJs Lawncare, Feb 6, 2004.

1. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I have a monarch hydraulics pump that runs my plow and it just starte acting up. The motor won't shut off without cutting the power to the pump. Any questions. The pump is new this year.

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

The solenoid is probably sticking. Replace it.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I agree the solenoid might be bad. Try taking the two little wires off the soleniod and see if that helps. If it does, something in the wiring is telling the pump to stay on. It could be the controller. Otherwise its your solenoid.

4. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

if you use the wrong kind of solenoid this can happen, If it is not rated properly it can stick in the on position, and never turn off. Not sure what the requirements are for that pump, but we had some people running air compressors with starter solenoids and they wouldn't last at all because they are not rated for constant duty, just brief bursts.

-Jer

5. YenkoCamaro

YenkoCamaro Junior Member

the sleinod is probably sticking but i suggest fixing it NOW! i have a story about my truck.. the pump decided to act up while i was in the shop and when i came out the truck was on fire so i lost a truck because i was going to wait until later to fix it so i suggest fixing it immediately!!!!!!!!!!