1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow pump will not go down...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowgirl30, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Plowgirl30

Plowgirl30 Junior Member

Hi! We own a Meyers plow and the last big snow storm we had it kept getting stuck in the up position. And of course now that we might get snow this week it will not go down at all. Does anyone know why this might be happening? :angel: This could be a potential problem in the event that we do have snow....LOL

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

sylindoid is pissed I would bet or the wiring to it. When you try to raise the blade the pump makes noise but no lift correct?

3. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Here is a link to the repair manual. You'll have to choose which model and language. It has some good troubleshooting charts and diagrams. without knowing which model you have I'll guess it's an E-47 and the valve for down is the "A" valve on the rear of the unit with the black wire. Two basic things have to happen. power comes to the magnetic coil which magnetizes the valve and operates it. You need to see if you have power to it, then if it magnetizes if power is there. If all that is happening there is a problem in the valve itself. Most likely as said it's wiring or coil is shot.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/service/parts_service.asp

4. Plowgirl30

Plowgirl30 Junior Member

Plow pump won't go down....

Thanks guys that is a big help! I thought it might be the selinoid also..... It does make noise and it does freeze up like all the meyers plows that I have been reading about....I am going to flush the system and see what happens.......Thanks for the help.

5. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Plow wont lower

If your fluid freezes up your plow will not go down. If the plow will lower when it warms above freezing point of water your problem is contaminated fluid. Also remember you have fluid in the power angle rams.

The manual should answer all your questions. Also I feel good maintenance is complete fluid change every year.

Dave