1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Pump Test

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MIwinter, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

My lights seem to dim exsessively, I have dual battery set-up, altenator checked out OK. This is first year with different truck and plow, my question is, is there a way to check to see if my pump is going bad causing excessive voltage consumption? Plow goes up/down/side to side pretty fast also. Its an older western model.

thanks

2. David 06 Ranger

David 06 Ranger Member
    from canada

From my knowledge of vehicles I would say a different truck=different amp altenator.
    Also if your new truck has more electronics...heated seats, power windows, fog lights etc etc. It can cause more of a drain on your system. You could have a thousand batteries but without a proper charging sytem it will render useless.

I would say install a higher output altenator and do a big three upgrade. http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/312025/page/1

I have this setup on my truck and I could power an entire city block lol

3. David 06 Ranger

David 06 Ranger Member
    from canada

I believe that is your problem not the pump IMO

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check and clean all of your connections.