1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow pump strength?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjtatar, Feb 19, 2003.

1. cjtatar

cjtatar Member

It's a meyers E47. How much will that pump be able to lift off the ground. I'm having trouble...can't lift the plow once I push some snow into a pile...end up having to ram it with the plow lifted and it's causing damage...also i would like to lengthen my plow from 7.5' to 8.5'...which will add weight.

Think my pump needs a rebuild? What would I need to rebuild on it?

2. youngin

youngin Junior Member
    from Ohio

Yes for the most part it will. I have one and it will lift a pile. It will not lift wet snow or angle wet snow. I am looking into something with more power possibly the e 57 conversion kit. It is about $325 and it has the same motor as an e 60
  3. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I agree with youngin. The E47 should be able to lift the snow into a pile. I've seen it used on 9 ft plows, so on a 7.5 ft it should work really good. I'd get it tested to see how much hyd pressure is being produced, and if its within spec. Otherwise you might want to get the pump rebuilt. I've never rebuilt a pump, so I don't know whats all involved. I'm sure that a lot of guys on this site have, and should be able to give you an answer as to how difficult it is and whats all involved.