1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow pump pressure gauge incab idea with ford 7.3 hpop sensor ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sweetk30, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i like to have my eye's on things in the cab so i was looking for a gauge to add to my dash to let me know the psi output of the live hydro pump i have.

best i came up with is http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=4141&sid=12

my question is this .

is the ford sensor special threads or real weird style that i cant just get one and install tee fitting and wire it up for my incab viewing ?

unless someone else has a idea. other gauges from auto meter that are for oil's and electric sender is only up to 1600psi and most live hydros go to 1800 on older plows and up to 3000 ish on newer stuff.

so i figured that this gauge would be perfect.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Maybe post this in the Ford section or try a Ford/Powerstroke forum
  3. ERWbuilders

ERWbuilders Senior Member

Subscribed!!!...maybe a digital guage for that sensor, tap a wire in your wire harness, drill out a spot for the connectors on the harness plug..hmmmm got me thinkin now!
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

did some more diggin around and found this new sensor with adaptor bushing i can prob make work . http://www.ebay.com/itm/310355655783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

then for replacement pig tail plug i found info on ford deisel chat forum serching that same plug as gm 3 wire tps sensor and auto meter 3 wire fuel psi plugs so junk yard for that one.

then tap in to 5 volt ref off my ecm computer and wire this in with the gauge and install tee fitting and bam should be able to have live pressure readings on my snow plow pump in the cab to keep a eye on the system and help diagnose any problems.