1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow pump doesn't have any pressure

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Johnnycakes53, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Johnnycakes53

Johnnycakes53 Junior Member

I have a Meyers E-57H Plow/Pump. The motor in the pump is working however the pump itself won't move. All the cellinoids have power to them and are working, there is hydrolic fluid at the proper level but I just can't figure out why the pump isn't angling or raising the blade. Could this be something I can fix or do I need to take it somewhere? I'm trying to save some money and do it myself but this is the first pump problem I've had that I have no clue how to fix. Any help is appreciated!

I have just checked the coils and they all seem to be fine.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's probably froze up. Get it somewhere heated for a few hours or use a heat gun to heat the lower portion of the pump unit and I think you find it begins to work again. Although it will only be temporary so you'll still need a though fluid flush to remove the water from the system.

3. Johnnycakes53

Johnnycakes53 Junior Member

It was frozen. I got it to work but how you suggested I flush it, is there a best way to do this?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Use the search function and take a look around as there's plenty of good descriptions here on doing flushes.