1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow pulls itself to the left when pushing snow to left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 7_below, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I have a 2 yr old 8' western pro. When I have the plow about 3 clicks to the left while plowing, it pulls itself all the way left on it's own. It happens more with heavy snow when I windrow to the left. I slammed a snow bank with most of the bank on the left side of the plow and the plow was forced all the way over. I hit it a little harder than normal. When the plow is up, you can push and pull the blade by hand about 4 inches from right to left with play. Not sure what happened. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

There are two relief valves that allow fluid from the left ram to the right ram, and vica-versa, when you overload one side of the plow. One probably has broken it's spring, allowing the fluid to pass from the left to the right ram with very little pressure.
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Cushion valve must be jammed or broken
  4. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

The cushion was jammed. Unjammed it and plowed 2 driveways. The very first push it happened again. Is it possible that the cushion is broke? Or the spring? Thanks