1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Season's, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Four Season's

Four Season's Junior Member

Alright here goes, I got an 89 Chevy 2500 with an 8' Fisher Plow. I plowed a light storm (3-4") over the weekend. I noticed a couple of problems with the plow. One was that when I was driving over the road, I noticed the plow would gradually drop and I had to raise it back up. The other thing was, I started plowing and the plow worked fine. It angled/raised/etc. like its supposed to. After a few hours though, the plow was real slow to raise. I checked for leaks and couldn't find any. The fluid was where it should be.

Are these two problems related/ what's the problem?

thanks and happy plowing.
  2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I assume the plow in question is an electric/hydraulic type.
    What condition is the charging system in??
    Maybe the battery was getting run down when it was getting slow.

Just a thought,
    Mark K
  3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Im not experienced with the Fisher plows, but I am experienced enough with hydraulics to guess that it is at least in part due to your piston seal being badly worn. That would allow the plow to creep down, and also could cause it to lift slowly, and possibly not at its full height, and if worn really bad it wouldnt even lift at all. This also would have no effect on angling of the plow, so it would make sense since everything else was working ok. I would say a pump rebuild should fix it up.

4. osbo68

osbo68 Member

Your best advice is to go click on the Fisher link up top. Once your on the home page go to Tech Advice, then mechanic's guide, then chose you blade style. It will bring up the whole guide. You can print it off but it's 67 pgs I think. There is a trouble shooting guide in it. But I would take the time to study the whole thing. It has some good info in there and can save your but in the field. It's real thoro. Good Luck

Go Fisher :gunsfiring: :nod: