1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Problems

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dhendrickson, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dhendrickson

dhendrickson Junior Member

I have a plow problem I can't seem to track down. A couple of days away I was stuck in a snow bank and I jerked myself out of the snowbank only the plow didn't come with it, it stayed in the bank. I broke the mounting fork on the drivers side, so I welded that up and went to do hook up again. But this time after I went to raise the plow it raised, but it didn't stop raising. After the plow had stopped moving upward the motor still was trying to lift the plow higher even though I didn't have the switch pushed. I had to run out and pull the plug on the motor before it burned out. I reconnected the plug and it sat in the float position, then I lowered the plow and tryed to raise it upward and it did the same thing raised out of control. So I did the same thing, ran around and unplugged it. I did the same procedure plugged it back in but this time I tried to move the plow left and it did it, but it started to raise the plow at the same time then after I let go of the left button it still wanted to raise the plow, so once again I pulled the plug. I already replaced the solenoid on the motor as well as the release coil, and the box under the hood. I started to think that my solenoid had gone dead again, but while I had the power unplugged to the motor I hit the button and the solenoid clicked how it should. Now I am really confused, but the best guess I had as to what my problem is was my rocker switches. I went to pull out the up and down switch and the wires came off as I pulled it out of the dash, as it turns out they have a few more wires then I had expected. I don't know which wire goes where, so if anyone has some sort of diagram that would be very helpful as well. If anyone has a light they could shed on the matter it would alleviate a lot of stress on me. Thanks
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

When your plow and truck had there parting of ways was the plug pulled apart also?

I don't think that would cause a problem in the controller.
    Take a look at the plug it is easy to bend and break off the little pins in the plug.

As for all the wires in the controller. If you only disconnected 4 wires it should be "kind" of easy to get them back in the right spots.

Go to Hinikers site and see if they have a schematic for it.
    If not drop them a e-mail there usually good about helping.