1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow problems can u help(8'6" v-plow)

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ewadriftbuster, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ewadriftbuster

ewadriftbuster Junior Member

Plow has served me well over the years, but having a bit of a problem recently. Through a rod in my truck, so I bought a new one and switched the plow to the new truck. All is working except it will not release from the up position ( will not drop). Wings are working well and the plow lifts but will not release. Of course we are getting pounded with snow and winds right now, and trying to keep my clients cleared out. Need help,any thoughts to what the problem may be?
  2. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Sound like a solenoid valve is not working for the down action. Have someone run the controller while you are by the valve body and run the plow up and then down, the solenoids should be by each other if the down one is not engaging try swapping it out with another one and see if it works, if it does not then its the wiring.