1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow problem

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Plower845, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

I have a 50 inch moose straight blade. The plow doesnt go all the way to the ground so the cutting edge is touching the ground. I changed the cutting edge and that didnt do anything. I also took both shoes off of the blade. Do you think something in bent in the push tube? Or what do you think the problem is?

2. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Picture please that may help. Sounds like something may be twisted??

3. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

Ill try and get a picute up. Thats what someone else told, what do you think would get twisted?

4. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

manual lift or a winch? also is it an equal hight all the way accross

5. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Well ive never messed with a moose plow, but on our manual cycle country lift the cable got caught in a bolt, and that wouldnt allow it to go down all the way, just an idea

6. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

I have a winch, yeah its equal all the way across

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Has it been this way since new?

So with the shoes off, the winch cable has slack in it, and the plow still doesn't hit the ground at all? The quad's springs are still compressed?

Pics would be the best to see.