1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 21, 2005.

1. i was wondering what you guys think this might be. there are sometimes when i go to lift the tower on my smarthitch 2 straight blade there are some sparks at were the the push beam goes into the plow.
  2. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

My first thought would be a ground or shorting problem, I would check your wiring?
  3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Mine used to do the same thing. At first thought I was seeing things. I checked and cleaned the grounds.
  4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Check the connections on the 2 wire connector. The ground is not connecting, then it uses the hitch for a ground source. Follow the ground from the plow all the way to the source.
  5. Mines does to

Mines has been doing that for years....seems to work great still. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it!

mine does this also, was thinking bad ground but havent got around to playing with it. doesnt seem to affect operation though.
  7. thanks for your help guys yeh i just cleaned the ground on the pump and now there is no sparks or anything. Also could that have been the reason that my battery has always gone dead. seems like that when i didnt have the blade attached it will start fine the next day. but when i had it hooked up wouldnt start next day and i didnt even run blade at all. thank again for your help.