1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow problem

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by curtis, Dec 5, 2004.

1. curtis

curtis Junior Member

i just hooked up a meyers plow on my 87 chevy truck. i got it wired correctly but when i went to raise the plow alsl i heard was a loud click noise coming from the solenoid. the same happens when i try to angle the plow. does anyone know what could be the problem?
  2. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

You have a bad ground if it's only clicking and not moving.Make sure the neg cable on the battery is tight. You may want to run another ground wire off the plow motor to the truck giving you 2 ground wires.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

get rid of the meyers altogether , get a Western
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Now thats a lot of help!

Is the original poster trying to say that the pump motor itself is not running? If so you need to check power leads for it and the solenoid that switchs power to it.
  5. danmc

danmc Member

Try this link - it's extremely helpful...

Click on the Electro Lift Power Units Service Manual to downlowd the entire manual.

OR try this link:

Then click Troubleshooting, At the very bottom of the Toubleshooting page there are six specific downloads regarding raising and angling problems.

I had similar problems with my plow. Learn from my mistake, start at the very basic and least expensive parts such as grounds and connections. I replaced a wiring harness and in-cab controller because I didn't know what I was doing....

Good luck!
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

your kidding right i have had mine for 5 years and i know people that use e47 and e46 with no problems