1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wankwill, Nov 6, 2010.

1. wankwill

wankwill Junior Member

hi i have a small problem,i hope someone can help.i have a older minute mount ,the pump is turning on and i have fluid coming from one valve that moves the blade side to side but no fluid in the other two valves

2. ERWbuilders

ERWbuilders Senior Member

Take it apart and clean it out...might have some rust build up in there. Find the schematics on the internet for the pump you have either at the meyer website or google

3. wankwill

wankwill Junior Member

i have taken the valves out a clean them

4. wankwill

wankwill Junior Member

do you mean the pump too

5. ERWbuilders

ok...does the MM have little solenoids on the valves and are they clicking when activated?

6. wankwill

wankwill Junior Member

yes they are

7. ERWbuilders

Yes i mean the pump. If the solenoids are clicking then there has to be a blockage of some sort. Drian the fluid, change the main filter if you havnt already done it take the valve body apart and clean all of it out. Just put it back together to spec via meyers website or another member that knows them and you should be good unless the fluid is low check that as well. Fresh fill the raise ram should be all the way up and fluid to the top if you emptied the turning rams

8. wankwill

wankwill Junior Member

thanks i\ll try that