1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow prices/options

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cutbetterthanyo, Feb 21, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I know it has most likely been talked about before, but i can't find it. I was wondering how much cheaper, if at all i could get a plow in the summer time? I was quoted 4500 installed for a 7.5 straight blade boss and that seems to be the cheapest dealer around, except for the snow dogg at 4200, but the dealer tried to talk me out of it because he thinks the boss is alot easier to hook up. He also sells western, meyer,hiniker, and curtis and said all of these are higher. Any input?

If you know of a cheaper dealer in maryland,del,or va let me know? I am about 45mins for the bay bridge on the eastern shore.

This is also going on a 06 crew cab duramax, any in put about putting it on this truck? I have read that they have had problems with bending frames and/or the roofs. Would you guys disreguard that info and put one on anyway or stay away from plowing with this truck.

I also have the option to buy a 88 crew cab, one ton,4x4,gas,stick shift,ex county truck for $2500 what would you guys do in my shoes?
  2. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

If the dealer has a plow left from winter that didnt sell you may be able to get a better deal when it gets warm out, especially if its a smaller dealer that needs to sell it and cant afford to hold it until fall. Ive seen it happen around here, but not that often.