1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow price going up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mnguy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mnguy

mnguy Member

Here in MN we have no snow ,yet I got told today by our local boss, hinker dealer they were raising prices on there plows in Jan... What ?? So for a new 2011 year boss V plow steel blade will be going up $ 400 in a a few days. I guess buy them now if you need them

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

The only thing not going up is the plowing rates. They just keep going lower.

3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Hope Fishers don't also...I've got to get a new 9'6'' Xtreme V fairly soon

4. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

No you should have bought them before you needed them! the prices only go up through the season! Most dealers jump their prices up during the season . The reason they told me was to pay for the extra shipping of these blades . They all have to send orders into the manufacturers earlier in the year telling them how many blades they want. If they run out then they have to pay extra to get more shipped in to them. That has been what all the dealers around us have told me. I have figure out its best to buy them during late summer when they have over stock of them they sell them for a lot cheaper because they want to get rid of them so they have room for the next model year blades.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Reminds me of lawn mowers. They keep climbing but the rates keep dropping.