1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow prep question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bowtie_guy, Mar 19, 2015.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

My 06 was before they offered it,

In the options it shows "Includes power feed for backup and roof emergency light and forward lamp wiring harness."

Just wondering if anyone can explain the feed for backup and forward lamp wiring. Does this mean you don't require headlight plug adapters nor tap into the signal and park light wires?

As for the backup light, same thing there is power located someone just for a backup light?

Still early and don't have the new truck but attempting to get myself ready for when it comes in. wesport

2. Snow plow prep has been an available option on GM trucks for over 25 years so it was around for your '06. the RPO code is VYU and it usually can be found inside the glove box door. To answer your question, (assuming you are getting a new '15) there is a separate wire in the harness for backup lights and your 7 pin trailer plug will be wired for it as well. There will be a switch in the over head console for the roof lamp circuit. Finding the wires for it can be an adventure as they are up above the headliner on the drivers side near the A pillar. You have to drop the headliner to find them. The forward lamp harness, I have no idea. I couldn't find it on mine. The good news is if you are putting a Fisher plow on, it's all plug and play, no splicing at all.

3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

woops, my mistake. For some reason I didn't think was available, although I didn't order it so makes sense. Was on lot.

Yes waiting on a 2015.5 to be built. :)

4. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

BOSS is plug and play as well. No wires to cut. I did need to trim the bumper on my 2015 GMC 2500HD though.

5. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

How long they tell you it would be till your truck is built. Just ordered one last week. They told me 5 weeks.

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Still waiting for a build date, was told 12 to 16 weeks. Should hopefully hear a build take this week or next. Not too familiar with the process but guess they have to wait till some canadian crew cabs are being built? Not too sure.

7. procuts0103

This sucks.... was told 5 weeks! I better go up to my dealer and see whats up.

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Will be going down to Flint MI to do an assembly tour next Tuesday. Can't wait as it sounds good, get to see my truck get assembled some and started. :)

9. procuts0103

Mine is being built next week. Question. Can I go myself and pick it up Instead of waiting for GM to deliver it?

10. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Im sorry you have to spend any time in Flint.......Get in and Get out before its dark.......:laughing:

Should be interesting to see the trucks built........:drinkup:

11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thinking that is a no since your dealer must receive it then do the PDI. Until then they technically own it.

I've never been to Flint, should I lock my doors and not stop if I see people near stop lights?? :confused: