1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow prep phase one.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Seaway25, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I just got back from the shop. Based on the advise I got from plowsite, my truck is almost ready. I put new bilsteins on all four corners, timbrens in the front, and dual batteries. I ran the wires for my back up camera and extra back up lights. I still have a little work to do on that yet. I also changed the oil while I was at it. Hopefully the plow is going on Monday or Tuesday. I'll get some pictures up soon. Thanks again for the help and advice from everyone!
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

whatcha gonna be hanging off the front?
  3. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

9ft Fisher MM2
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

wesport - Excellent
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet deal, I personally enjoy running the wires for new lights and such.
  6. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I finally got around to taking some pictures. Here's some of the dual batteries. They're duralast golds. I used 4 gauge monster cable and brass terminals. I still need to upgrade the alternator charging wire and add another ground from the second battery.

7. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Here's a pic of my back up camera and lights. I put them both on toggles in the dash. There was already a hole from a previous owner in the dash. I have the switches just hanging in that hole right now. I still need to clean up that part.

8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

nice work. oh you can feel it coming cant you.
    I idolize you northerners who actually get alot of snow (until about january then Id probably have enough of that sht)
    I am a salt flinger 90% of the time. Churches and banks, lots of ice, lots of idiot drivers in miatas, and when we get a snow it is ice with snow with ice on top.
    that is a nice set up. Backup camera huh? Do these work and how do you keep it clean, my trucks are a salt block 10 minutes in. As a lover of toys I am interested and have blown by the trhreads on here that have it.
  9. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

This truck and camera are new to me so I don't know how well the camera will work with snow. It's just a cheap $100 walmart deal. I just got it for kicks.
  10. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I am a kick guy keep me posted i waste more time with toys but it keeps me sane
  11. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

So far my favorite part of the camera is hooking up a trailer. I have it angled down a little so I can line up the hitch real easy.
  12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good man.. Seems like you spent a lot of time and money on it.
    Good Luck.
  13. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

Nice looking setup!

I had a backup camera on my old cummins and it was awesome for hooking up trailers! Also, I am in the process of adding the second battery to my 6.0 and was wondering where you got the cables and a ball park price? Just a regular audio 4ga wire? Thanks good luck this year!
  14. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

15. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I am getting that camera I replaced my bumper every year for the past three years once after every snow season

and I am mounting the backup fogs soon as well

nice setup you got there
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

how much did the duralast golds run? I am adding dual batterys to mine but I was thinking about going for optima red caps but they are $150 a piece
  17. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

They are $89. 3 year free replacement 8 year pro rated warranty. 700 CCA They are about the best deal I could find considering amps and warranty that have top and side posts.
  18. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

I really need to do something to get the front of my truck up when the plow is on. If you dont mind me asking how much did the timbrens and blisteins cost you installed?
  19. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

The timbrens I got from CPW and were around $210 shipped. They're super easy to install yourself. The shocks were around $310 for all 4 including shipping from autopartswarehouse.com. I also installed the shocks myself using a friends lift so I didn't have any installation costs. If you took it somewhere it might cost you 2 maybe 3 hours labor at the most.
  20. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I just talked to the shop installing my plow. The first coat of paint is drying and the second coat is going on tonight. We are planning on doing the install on Friday. I can't wait!