1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Prep Package

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 04HD Western, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 04HD Western

04HD Western Junior Member

My buddy just bought a 05 2500HD. His truck has a plow prep package and also has an accessory button on the dash by the passenger airbag switch. Where does the wire run for this button?!
  2. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

over the headliner.
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search....................Complete instructions and pics
  4. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

Mine was just under the cover of that switch. Probably 4' bunched together. Didn't need to pull the headliner. I ran a wire under the sill plate up the drivers side corner post and tucked it under the headliner in the area of the switch. Got my strobes and roof lights all wired to that switch. Works well.
  5. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Can someone post a pix of accessory button on the dash by the passenger airbag switch. Not sure if I have it .
  6. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

You do not need to drop the headliner to get the wire, my RCLB i just pulled the liner down by hand a little and reached in and grabbed the wire. It is a 12ga Brown wire with a smaller Black ground, the ends will be taped up with grey tape. My ECSB i had to pull the retainers for the handle and pull the liner down a bit, i reached in with a screw driver and sheared off the retaining clips and then pulled the wire out. The RCLB i ran the wire out the rear cab vent and connected to the strobe light, the ECSB i fished it up to the 3rd brake lamp and notched the cab/light on the bottom and put my connection inside behind the brake light. After doing the ECSB i am going to rewire the RCLB the same as it is a much cleaner look.
  7. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

My switch isn't by the air bag switch. My airbag switch is in the glove box and the light button is by the dome lights by the windshield
  8. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Guys - Is this the one that you are referring to?

Chuckling - I've pushed that several times wondering what it does (or can do)
  9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the beacon light switch with the VYU plow prep in the GMT-800s.
    The switch in the GMT-900s is on the ceiling.

MY................If your suggesting accessing the beacon light wires from the back of the dash switch.
    I don't think that would work because the wires run from the switch down the floor and up the rear B
    pillar to a RELAY and then over and coiled loose above the headliner usually on the drivers side.
    (This is for the GMT-800 only)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010