1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow pins

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 7441aaron, Aug 26, 2011.

1. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

How do you guys fix sloppy plow pin holes? Im going to drill mine out to the next size. Is this a good way to repair that? Is there some where you can buy pins to whatever size you need?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What type of plow? If your not going to take the plow off you can just use bolts and bolt the plow on for the season.

3. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

Its a fisher and I take it off when not plowing

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Got a pix of the holes? They can't be that bad.Used a Fisher for 16 years and the holes were not that bad. But if you have to get some grade 5 or 8 bolts and drill a hole in them for a cotter pin.

5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

What we do is we weld a bead on the inside of the hole, then grind the hole back up til the pin barely fits back in.

6. 7441aaron

7441aaron Junior Member

Well there not quite oval but I am putting a new skin on and repainting and I thought I would just try to tighten it up a bit.

7. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

lowes has a good assortment of brass bushings. perhaps you could drill the holes larger, then use one of those. They will wear out, but should be good for a couple seasons.

8. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Unless there is so much material loss that it may break, I wouldn't do anything. Having a little play isn't a bad thing. If it is actually rounded out to the point where you have concerns that it could break, then welding and grinding is a good option. If you make it a really snug fit, you will be cursing when you hook it up and things aren't perfectly aligned.

9. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

x2 weld to add steel were it lost it and re do the hole