1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow pins stuck

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

ok went to take the plow off the truck the other day and first i found one of the bolts that hold the left ram on the plow broken just siting in place. so fixed that no prob but than the pins that go through the plow to the truck to hold the plow on were stuck it took a bit but got it off.. when looking at the plow where the pins go through found the back side dented in i used a small grinder and got the pins to go in and out again just till i order the part.....

thats the prob on the plow where the pins go through the sleave bolts on and looks pressed in no big deal... so i am llookin up the part and cant find it

dose any one know if that part can be replaced or am i just going to keep grinding thanks rico
  2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Model type? Can you take pictures?
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

If I remember, you have an older 810, like a 99, IIRC and your bushings are welded in. you can drill them out with a 3/4 bit and weld around to reinforce the contact area, or you can torch them out and replace them with bolt in ones.
  4. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker Member

your a frame could be bent. i have an 8611 and the a frame was bent and the pins were hard to get out and in.
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Could be as well, but what he is describing is the bushing collapsing on the pin, indicating need for new bushings or rework as I mentioned.
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

part # B40088. Just had mine torched out and new ones welded in. Newer ones bolt in, but I had to have mine welded. Weren't too expensive. I'm going to try to link to the other thread with a diagram.

Link won't work, but if you search this forum theres a thread of mine titled "pin tubes crushed"

Just make sure the new bushings are properly aligned before welding, unlike the way my welder did it. Had to spend hours reaming it out because he wasn't careful.
  7. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

thanks for the input guys ....so the plow is a 99 and the tube did dent in right now i just redriled them out to make it work... now since i got the part number for new centers i will order them tomorow . once againe thanks this is the best site ever
  8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yeah, get them changed, because they are now thinner than they were and will crush even easier. Don't wait till the pins are completely pinched and have to cut the pins.