1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Parts Sources

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ICky, Feb 15, 2000.

1. ICky

ICky Junior Member

Ok so I admit it .... I run a small parts store in Ontario Canada.<p>I would like to stock aftermarket plow parts for next season (even if just for my own use *grin*). None of my normal suppliers deal with plow parts. I would like to know if anyone has an address for a company like &quot;BUYERS&quot; or a wholesale company that would deal with me.<br>I tried to call information but.... gee I don't even know what state they are in ...<p>Any help would be appreciated.<p>Ian<p><br>P.S. <br>Some of what I learned this season.<p>When installing new exhaust do not go for the &quot;cool&quot; route and bring the tail pipes out under the rear bumper. <br>When the temp goes down the white smoke behind you makes it very hard to see to back up!<p>Do not attempt to wing the banks back on a steep off-camber road on a bright sunny day when the temp is around 30-32 degrees ....<p>The road gets slick and the off-camber bank sucks you right in ....felt real stupid after I was stuck and outside watching as the truck contined to slide sideways down the hill in park with the wheels blocked .... <p>When purchasing a used blade try to avoid one s with bullet holes as this tends to cause the snow to stick and build up.<p>A 2wd can push ALOT of snow DOWNHILL<p>A 2WD can push NO snow UPHILL<p>ALWAYS air your tires down to plow.<br>80 psi is great for carrying loads but not for traction.<p>Plowing is much harder then it looks.<p>3 am sucks<p><br>

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

<br>

3. snow

You can get different displays from different companies where you have a small rack, and have S.A.M parts for major brands on it. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.ppwarehouse.com&quot;&gt;Plow Parts Warehouse&lt;/a&gt; has a thing where you they tell you how much of which parts to order and you make a little display for them. It's called the PPW Point-of-Purchase Displays. You order everything on the display and they ship it to you the same day. S.A.M are sold a lot by dealers out of catalogs in my area. Everyone has the same catalog, but they put your logo on the top.<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com<p>

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Bryan<p>Where is your homework assignment? It's late. What plow would you buy and why?<p>Geoff

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Very nice post Bryan. I am impressed. it was thoughtfull, helpfull, and well written. Keep that up and you will be taken seriously.<br>I have learned this year that, No sleep for 36-48 hours really sucks alot more than 3 am. And my left rotator cusp really hurts after plowing all night.<br>Icky look into urethane cutting edges, they are great and I will be glad to help you stock up. Look for an article soon at my web site. www.thehousedoktor.com <br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. snow

Geoff,<br>I would either buy a Curtis Sno-Pro 300(8ft) or a Western MVP. It depends if I choose to sub for one of my friends, or just plow out my lawn customers. The reasons for the Curtis:hitch and run, hide-away hydraulics(which adds downpressure), full-trip, hydraulic jack stand, extended push frame(4ft). The reason for the Western MVP; bottom trip, uni-mount, good local dealer,good price, not as heavy as the fisher vplow.<p>Bryan <p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like a good choice bryan. Only i think the fisher v-plow is worth the extra weight for attachment ease. I don't think it weights that much more then western, seeing fisher builds westerns v-plow. <p>Also watch out for sub contracting. Just think about how much money the guy bills out, in 1 hour of your plowing. <p>Geoff

8. ICky

ICky Junior Member

Thank you Bryan!<p>One of my staff talked to your source today and seems to feel that this is a company that we can do business with. <br>But what is S.A.M. ?<p><p>Dino!<p>Yes I would like to talk to you sometime about your cutting edges. <p><br>What I learned today .....<p><br>If you get the blade wedged on a snowbank hard enough that the front wheels of your truck are not touching the ground, all forward and rearward motion stops for an extended period of time.......<p><br>Ian <br>

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Ian <br>Give me a few days and I will have an article posted on my web site about the edges. www.thehousedoktor.com<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

10. equinn2005

equinn2005 Junior Member

Aftermarket Parts

I would look around on the web and you might get lucky and find a company that would supply you some parts. Look around in michigan for a supplier as that is the closest state to you.. ussmileyflag

11. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

Now that's something you don't always see: ressurecting an EIGHT year old thread !