1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow parts in Grand Rapids MI

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TOOMUCHWALKING, Jan 29, 2009.

1. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING Junior Member

Who sells these things--solenoids, valves, pump if I can't figure the thing out. Anywhere recommended for service ? T.I.A. , Rolf :drinkup:

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Any particular brand?

Because there's a whole lot of places that sell plow parts.

3. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

Keep your eye out for Crash935. He is alot of help when it comes to service/ Tech Questions. What brand of equipment are you running? Personally I am not a fan of Hoekstra. Received cocky attitude a few times. Went in with questions, and left without looking back. (From the Parts/Service Counter)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Damn good place on Ravine road down the street from the nudie bar in Kalamazoo.

Extreme was their name then. Use to carry tons of stuff.

5. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Yup, Extreme Power Equipment. Good guys to deal with.

6. TOOMUCHWALKING

It's a Monarch pump mounted next to #1 cylinder under the hood, and it's sticking on the upstroke. A little tap on a valve (?) behind the solenoid stops it, although today there were times it didn't want to actuate at all

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

B+B Truck Equipment has always treated me well. They are on 100th, a bit West of 131. Phone 616-878-1120. They specialize in Boss but carry other stuff. I guess call to see if they can help you.

8. TOOMUCHWALKING

^^^^^^ Thanks ^^^^^^^^^^

9. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

You can call Monarch directly in Grand Rapids. They are an excellent company to do business with, and the oldest continuously operating company in the state of Michigan, older than GM, Ford, or your local gas and electric company. Excellent equipment, I have always used their hydraulic belt driven systems exclusively, with no failures.

10. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Try Mason Dynamics on West River Center off West River Dr just north of the ball park, they deal in and specialize in rebuilding Monarch pumps. 785-8534

11. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Mason Dynamics near FifthThird Ball Park rebuilds and services Monarch pumps and has been for longer than I have been plowing snow (about 40 years) They'll get you going.

Herm Witte

Witte Lawn Maintenance, Inc.

Serving West Michigan since 1957