1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow painting / homemade mounts

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kingquadplowman, Sep 22, 2011.

1. kingquadplowman

kingquadplowman Junior Member
    from SW WI

So.... As the awesome plow season fast approaches, I took a look at my plow (swisher) and realized that it is in desperate need of a little tlc. Just wondering what any body else has used to re-paint their plows. I'm also gonna have my buddy work on a different plow mount system for the Swisher plows. I have had enough of playing with their mounting system for the last 4 years! Any ideas on the would also be great! And some pics of how the home made mounting systems work.

Thanks in advance!!

2. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

I just use rustoleum gloss black. Usually hit it in the fall, and periodically through the season. I just sprayed mine yesterday.

I built mine, mounts and all. It works extremely well. Any competent fabricator should be able to come up with something that you won't have any trouble with.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Pics Of my swisher bucket working with my Homemade bracket set up.
    have the swisher plow as well which would work just as well.
    More Pics of it in my winter plowing saga along with a 4 link blower setup.

thread at
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=121815

[​IMG]

4. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

i gave my plow a layer of primer and a few layers of rustoleum black glossy.. turned out great