1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Painting and blasting in CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by misanthrope, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Found a Steel company in the CT area that sandblasts and paints plows and much more. Gave me a price of $125 to blast, prime, and paint the blade. They charge more if they have to disasemble the plow so i'll take it appart to save some cash. I'm going up there tomorrow to drop it off. I might even get the selector and the A frame painted if the price is right. I priced around my area for a body shop to blast and paint...... they said $450.... F that...
    anyway
    I'll let you know how it turns out.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

were in ct is this place

3. danno

danno Senior Member

Where in CT?

4. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

That $125. is cheap.

Too far for me though. Adams Refinishing in Middleboro, MA does good work. They do sandblasting and have a paint booth big enough for fire trucks. They use PPG paints and have shot Imron for me. Never got a plow quote though.

5. i figured i'd give them a shot. I hope i can get the blade off the a frame, i had replaced one pin that snapped last season. The other one we didnt mess with. I've tried to keep them lubed up with breakfree over the summer. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.
    I hope i can pop it out.

6. PLOWMAN45

im in norwalk ct

7. $ correction

Price to blast $125
    Price to paint $125

Still worth it to me.

8. PLOWMAN45

shoot can they paint a truck too