1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Paint

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by killed300ex, Mar 14, 2005.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Were do you guys go to get paint for your plows. I am looking to get some fisher yellow. Want a really good match and a paint that will hold up well. Went on fishers web site and some plow parts sites and didnt find anything. Any help would bve great thanks
    Evan

2. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Central Parts Warehouse (search for their website) and your local Fisher dealer carry pints and gallons of official "Fisher yellow". Not too expensive, but it may not look exactly like the finish on a new blade. This is because new equipment is powdercoated and not painted. However, paint and powdercoating may look identical, but I doubt it.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Last time I painted I used Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow. It's a little paler yellow than Fisher yellow but alot cheaper and easy to find at any hardware store or home center.

I expect they have a red that is similar for Western/Meyer's, and Safety orange would be fine for Curtis.

I am going to look into other paints this time- considering trying Rustoleum's Traffic paint (you know, the stuff the stripe the roads and parking lots with)- it says it's UV and chemical resistant and adheres to metals....plus it's definatly durable.
    Also found something else that's a clear thing- can't remember the name but it can be used on anything from cement garage floors to gym floors. Claims to be very durable and chemical resistant too.

I will let everyone know what I find over the off season.

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I think the paints used on concrete floors are epoxy based paints and yes, they are durable.

5. caz1

caz1 Member

i would try a paint called por15 works grate from what i see expenceive though around 35.00 a qt

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Ok, the stuff I was looking into is called Dura-Coat. Anyone ever heard of it?
    It isan industrial coating, impervious to acid, gasolene, alkali, urine, etc. Bonds to metal, wood, concrete and converts rust plus seals out all moisture so no sub coating rust.
    The company says it's available in safety yellow (and a red- no orange, but there is a clear) and is basically UV stable (no fading). It is also very abrasion resistant and impact flexible so it can't crack.

Kinda expensive at $100+ per gallon in 3 gallon cases plus S&H, but re powder coating a blade is alot more than that, and they claim it's perminant so you never repaint the blade.
    Any input? I am really considering trying this stuff- and if it works well becoming a dist for them.