1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow or Pusher for skid steer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DSLS, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DSLS

DSLS Junior Member

I have a NH LS160 and want to get either an 8' plow or 8' pusher for it. Any recommendations on which is more productive (the plow or pusher)?
    Thanks

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Unless you're plowing lanes/roads, a pusher, handsdown, coming from a guy with a SS & plow...............

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Plow is more versatile imo. Keeps back dragging option available, and is easier to use in heavy deep snow.

4. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Actually both are, that's why we are looking at a kage system.

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Pusher with a backdrag setup works pretty effective.

6. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

kage!!!!!!!!!

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

All depends on what you are trying to do with it.

8. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Exactly. It depends on the property.

I can see the use for a pusher on some of my properties, yet plows and a loader have proven most effective.

Nothing beats the down pressure of a good loader for breaking up pack or ice.

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Dido^^^ But if you can't afford one right now I'd go with a plow and wings or a plow and weld on some side plates. We ran a 8ft BOSS skid steer plow with BOSS wings and it moved a lot of snow and contained the wind rows just fine.

10. 1HOTCAT

1HOTCAT Junior Member

It depends on the layout of the lot you plan on plowing. I also will be getting a SS
    for next season and plan on going with a plow and wings on it for the type of lots I do. Also depends on the amount of snow you need to relocate in the lots you are doing. in southeast MI. we do not get many large storms so a plow with wings should work good for me. How many large storms do you get in TN.?

11. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

That is a pretty small machine for a 8' pusher in my opinion. 44hp at 4800lbs I would try the Kage 6', it is recommended for machines starting at 5000lbs. Do yourself a favor and find some snow tires it will make a huge difference.